An Eye Test is routine and painless experience, so there is nothing to be apprehensive about. For optometrist Andrew Greer, you are the most important person in the room during your test, so relax and remember…
- Don’t worry about making a mistake or giving the wrong answer.
- Don’t worry about your answers contradicting one another.
- Don’t hesitate to say so if you are unable to answer some of the questions.
It might be called a test but no-one actually passes or fails!
Explaining your eye test results
Following your eye test, Andrew will carefully explain the results and discuss his recommendations for any preventive or remedial care required.
Feel free to ask questions because Andrew will always take the time to talk with you so you understand your results and the range of options available. Together with his team he will help find the right solution for you so you can make the most of your vision.
What is tested during an eye test?
Andrew will take approximately 30 minutes to complete a comprehensive eye test, including testing for:
- Eye health
- General physical health
- Clearness of vision (Myopia, Hyperopia, Astigmatism)
- Colour vision
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Focusing ability (Presbyopia)
- Eye muscle control
- Amblyopia (lazy eye)
- Macular degeneration
- Suitability for refractive laser surgery and other areas as appropriate for each individual.